Sunday, May 23, 2010

Recap: DownloadHelper

j0314180

I recently helped my wife’s cousin set this program up on his computer. I’m now his “best” friend. Now he’s busy downloading 80’s metal band videos. I covered this program back in 2008. I still use it to this day.

The basic steps are:

1. Firefox -  DownloadHelper is a “plug-in”  program you use in your FireFox web browser.

2. Downloader Helper – This program enables you to download your favorite videos off of YouTube and other video sites.

I’ve found it useful to download my favorite video’s, especially music videos.  I noticed some videos were taken off because of copyright issues(what party poopers). This enables you save videos quickly and then view them at your own pleasure. Keep in mind these will save videos as a .flv file and you’ll need a player like VLC Player to view them. Good luck and happy surfing.

No comments: