Wednesday, October 24, 2007

Log Me in, Techinline

I'm really starting to like logmein.com. One benefit is that I'm able to access more than one computer in my own home. Kind of a poor man's network you could say. Its pay service I'm trying out (Log Me in Rescue)is nice but at $99-$129 per month price tag it's a bit too out of my reach. I'll stick with free version for now. It's a bit more cumbersome to setup but I'll manage.

The other remote access I'm trying out is through Techinline.
I was trying to use a free trial version with my darling mother-in-law(a complete computer novice) was unsuccessful. It seems if you use Firefox it has to install a plugin which she had problems installing and I was unable help her through(she's a big reason I want to get one of these working). I think next time we'll try it with Internet Explorer and hopefully we can get a working connection. It's pricing structure is a bit more reasonable and may be able to fir into my budget($30 month unlimited/ $20 for 5 sessions). well I'll keep plugging away at it. See you later.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Check out Instant Housecall Remote Support.

I use the $35/mo plan, but I'm going to upgrade to unlimited soon. Even your mother-in-law will be able to use it. ;)

Highly recommended.

Robert Plumer said...

Thank you. I will check that one out.

Anonymous said...

Techinline has got much better since this post. I've been with them for about a year and a half now and they've added many features which LogMeIn Rescue charges 4 times more for.