Wednesday, June 23, 2010

The Weather Channel App

You’d think an app about the weather would be boring. I don’t consider The Weather Channels app for the iPhone. One cool feature that got me hooked is the radar map. I’m not sure if it was there the whole time or was recently added. You can check out the real time weather radar in the palm of your hand. Here’s a screenshot of the weather over my house as I write this:

The Weather iPhone app

You click the triangle button in bottom left hand corner it will play a short loop. Click the “i” and you can get customized maps. I think this would be an awesome tool for those that chase these storms. I find it handy to know when these storms are approaching. Plus you get the normal weather forecasts and warnings. I believe this to be one of those must have iPhone Apps.  This was from the free version(Pay version is ad free) of the app and can be found here.

What’s your favorite iPhone App?

No comments: