Saturday, June 23, 2007

history part 2


After doing that I've helped friends and family with upgrades, repairing and even built a couple for a friend of mine. Mostly for a thank you and perhaps some gas money for my trouble. I've done a few online and home study courses on PC repair. Have often toyed with the idea of running a pc repair or refurbishing business but felt I lacked the experience, time and money to start up. I don't want to bore anyone with all the details of past experiences.

Currently I'm on a refurbishing kick starting about a month ago when I bought a Compaq Deskpro EN (Small form factor) PC off Ebay. Starting off with a Pentium III 1.0 ghz CPU, 20gb drive and 256mb RAM. I added a 64mb RAM Nvidia GEforce 4 video card, is now up 384mb of RAM memory and also added an extra 4 usb 2.0 ver. ports in the back. I did have Windows 2000 Pro installed just to make sure parts were working. It's currently listed on Ebay. This is the second time I've listed unfortunately the first time wasn't successful. We'll see how this one fairs with some tweaking.

No comments: