Sunday, June 24, 2007

Not much going on today...


Spent most of the day out with the family for one of my wife's aunt's graduation(nursing school). Didn't leave much time for working on things today. The only real task I have pending is formatting and getting the Compaq ready for shipment should it sell on Ebay. I have jury duty tomorrow so I won't be back to do anything until tomorrow night.

Just out of the blue....

Just a perhaps amusing question comes to mind while looking around my clutter. Does anyone still use floppy drives anymore? I've got six of them pulled from working machine's I've come across over the years. I hate to throw anything away that still works or might be of use in the future. I've tried numerous time's to sell them (usually on Ebay) but have never sold one. Doesn't help much they're cheap at your local office or computer store. Most new PC's aren't equipped with them anymore though usually can still be added as optional. Not to mention the advent of flashdrives probably put the death knell on them. I've many floppies still around most of which probably old or obsolete documents or programs. I keep telling myself I'm going to go through them an throw ones I don't need or are corrupted. I've rarely used them on other machines except to boot an old system or look up old documents.

No comments: