Thursday, August 9, 2007

Re: Upcoming Projects

For those of you keeping track I did two of these already and maybe your anticipating adding a hard drive to my wife's laptop. Granted it's not quite up there with the iPhone or the latest Potter book/movie. Well when I purchased the other 20gb drive I bought two from the same person on Ebay. Unfortunately one was a bad drive. Since the drive was bought as-is I have little recourse. Her laptop will have to wait. As much as I like Ebay I'm not crazy about purchasing computer equipment from them. Unless the sellers got a warranty you've got little choice if something goes wrong. When doing computer work for other's I prefer a vendor/reseller like NewEgg where if something goes wrong you've got someone to turn to. Not to mention NewEgg's shipping price and speed usually beats anyone on Ebay. That's just my two cents.

No comments: