Wednesday, July 2, 2008

Picnik at Flickr

My other passion besides PC's is cars. I go to cars shows and take tons of pictures. I love sharing them on Flickr. I tend to upload the pictures without doing much of editing or touching up. Flickr recently added a feature called "Picnik" which allows you to edit and touch up your photo's after you add them to Flickr. I started trying this out and I was amazed at the results. It's fairly simple to use which I like very much. You go to the photo you wish to edit and click "Edit Photo" above your picture. It opens up Picnik and you can start editing.


It has basic features like AutoFix, Rotate, Color, Exposure and etc. Nothing too fancy.



The features are fairly intuitive and you can see the results as you go along.


You can even create black and white, sepia and other effects. There is also a feature to add text and frames to your pictures. Heres a before and after sample:


Before Picnik


After Picnik

I think it does a decent job. Plus it's a nice feature if you've already uploaded a ton of pictures and wish to touch them up or play around with them. You can either replace your old photo with the new version or add the new one keeping the old one. Here is where I found the only glitch in the program. Sometimes for some unforeseen reason it wouldn't let me replace my old photo. I had to keep the old one and add the new one. Kind of annoying but not a deal breaker though.Overall I liked very much and found it very addicting.


No comments: