Friday, November 2, 2007

Computer term of the week - A+

The computer world is full of jargon, technical terms, acronyms and other gibberish that lay people and even those with some computer savvy scratch there heads at. My goal is to cover a term each week. This helps not only others learn something new I also learn as well. I figured I'd start off alphabetically. So here it goes. First at bat is....

A+

According to Scott Mueller's Upgrading and Repairing PC's(15th Edition) A+ is:
Refers to the Comptia A+ Certification, A vendor-neutral certification for computer hardware technicians. A+ certification exams test knowledge of basic hardware and software skills. The A+ Certification can be used as part of the exam requirements for the Microsoft Certified System Administrator(MCSA) credential.

More info can be found out about A+ Certification can be found at the Comptia website . It's considered I believe a basic requirement for for those working in the computer repair field. The basic premise that this(the test) is what computer technician should know with at least six months experience. It's the test I've made my goal to pass withing one years time. Wish me luck and thank you for your time. See you next week.

No comments: