Thursday, December 20, 2007

Let's Get Rocked!

-Author pauses from a drawn out air guitar solo courtesy of Def Leppard-

Well I was doing some music research for my friend who I was helping out the other day. One of her questions was how do I download and listen to music. I have to admit downloading music I haven't done a lot of lately. When I've done it in the past it was usually using some P2P network like Kazaa and such. Which I of course know is not really on the legal side but I did it any way. Of course I wasn't going to recommend doing something on the shady side. I told her I would look into it for her.

Of course in the name of research I checked out the popular iTunes by Apple. I have to admit iTunes is not new but I have to admit I've been somewhat reluctant to try it out. I'm somewhat old fashion and prefer CD's . Something about actually purchasing something tangible like a CD rather than digital music file. I'm still having some issues with this but I'll put them aside for now, in the name of research of course.

So I downloaded iTunes and installed it. After it synched up with media on my hard drive which actually took quite awhile. I have to admit I've gotten past my initial hesitation using anything done by Apple. I like the interface and it's more intuitive than Windows Media Player. Of course to download music you need to create an account (credit card required of course, Steve Jobs needs to eat you know). I can see where this can be very addicting and very expensive place to hang out. I made my very first iTunes purchase the honor goes to Sheryl Crow's - Steve McQueen. Purchasing a song is almost too easy. I imported my first CD (using iTunes) - Def Leppard's - Vault. Though for over all music items I'd still prefer to purchase an actual CD I'd have no problem purchasing songs from them when I don't want to purchase the whole CD. I heartily recommend checking iTunes out. I think I'll be doing some guides on this in the near future so stay tuned.


P.S. I also have some issues about Sheryl Crow but that's another story. Enjoy her tribute to "The Man" Steve McQueen below.

No comments: